Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My new favorite glass, and old Guatemala's..

So this is my new favorite glass. Well, it's sorta tied with my old favorite glass, a Dogfish 22oz snifter.. and that's a tough one to beat. But man, I've been dying for a tulip for a while now and I'll be darned if I don't just love it. Makes for a fantastic presentation, too.

I just came into the house from the cold garage, so you can leave your comments about my hat at home. I was out there roasting up an old Guatemala from (are you sitting down?) what look like October of 2007, according to my documentation here. And that's just the date *I* received it. Who knows what crop this actually was.. Thing is, I had it vacuum packed and freezer-ed for the better part of the last year, so we'll see what it tastes like tomorrow or the next day. I'll keep ya's posted, of course. Naturally, I had this set of beans roasted to my satisfaction in my own damn garage! Check the past vid tutorial for details, eh?

The ferment of the Jolly Pumpkin yeasted beer, the "Oro de Maggie" as it's now known, is STILL going full blast. I've never seen anything like this. 2030 hours tonight will be a 7 day fermentation, but that includes the 1.5 day lag time.

OK, that's all. Click the Google mad-money links, kiddies! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment