Friday, August 21, 2009

Chickens in the underbrush..

Hello!



Just a quick pic or two of the ladies diggin' in their new favorite spot in the bushes between my yard and the next door neighbors. Eatin' bugs, worms, ticks and whatever. They make me so proud! :-)



And finally, a group shot.. of most of them, anyway...



13 weeks old yesterday, they were. Started with 5, still have 5. No health issues, and smooth sailing so far with chickens. I can still whole heartedly recommend them to anyone and everyone. They give lots of laughs with the weird things they do out in the yard and take almost no time or energy to maintain. I also cleaned out their coop for the first time yesterday. There was virtually no smell whatsoever, but I cleaned it out anyway. they went just under two months with the first round of wood chips. It's all in the compost now.. we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment