Sunday, August 30, 2009

Double brew session..

Did up a double brew session yesterday with Pete and Rob. Me and Pete kicked off the morning at 0800 hours brewing an ESB style English beer. Rob came over a few hours later and, while me and Pete were running off the first beer into the boil kettle, Rob and I were milling grains for an American Pale Ale style thing. Things went relatively smoothly.. a little confusion on my part with hopping schedules and such, so good thing I had good backup and brew partners to monitor that stuff while I was a bit flustered.. but everything came out well. Here's a couple shots of the machine in progress with Pete in one of 'em:

And here's one of the finished product. Check it and be so jealous:

The chickens are fat, the cheese is drying and I'll be waxing it very soon for proper storage, and the kids are fairly well. Times are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment