Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hop shipment, and a hike with the kids...

The big hop shipment came in yesterday afternoon.. 23lbs of pure joy. Check it:

This is the 27lb box it came packed in..

This is Timmay, huffing a just opened 5lb bag of Amarillo, so we could get out his 1lb amount that he ordered.

This is how the individual bags of 1lb increments came packaged. the foil is awesome stuff.. nicer than the plastic vac bags me and Pete got a few years back when we last ordered.

Switching gears, this is me and the kids on a picnic hike through the Henry Buck trail inthe American LEgion state forest in Barkhamsted, here.. nice trail, but probably a little tough for a 5 year old.. and tough on the dad who has to start carrying them on his back about 2/3rds of the way through the hike.

This is a big rock:

This was named "The Troll Bridge with No Trolls"... because, well, there were no Trolls!

And this paddle was a nice find, stuck in a swirly bit f water at the rivers edge on the way back to the car. It's gonna be a mash paddle, after I trim it up a bit. The current paddle I have is just a hair too short.. this one will work quite nice as a replacement!

In other beer news, that darned Belgian Stout is *still* fermenting hard core downstairs. How is this possible? It's been going for days now.. sure is gonna be tasty though, I can tell that much already just by the smell of it. The "Delta" Wheat aka Jess's Mean 40th (that I brewed with Pete W. a few weeks back) is also online and ready, and tastes like a million bucks! Real tasting notes in a couple days when it settles just a bit more, but I had my first glass yesterday and it was quite good.

Chickens are still doing well. Starting to move the tractor around the yard now that the grass is beginning to grow a bit. We also started to put in some raised garden beds in the back yard, but I haven't taken any pics of those yet. Stand by and I'll get some of that online in just a few..

No comments:

Post a Comment