Friday, July 2, 2010

Berliner Weisse followup and Scotch tastings..

Just a quite update here about a couple of things. Good news, in fact. First, I had a virtual beer with Geoff the other night, over a pint of '1809' Berliner Weisse from some legit German brewery. Supposedly a no-boil, mash-hopped thing of legitimate per-style brewings. In fact, it was quite awesome. Here's me and virtual Geoff drinking this beer:


Slick, eh? Same beer, same glass, same beer nerds. Dig it.

Speaking of Berliners, I just had a 1oz taste test of mine downstairs. I was expecting a dud, since my last tasting of it was na-da for tart and Geoff's was displaying sour a long time ago.. but boy was I surprised when it nearly soured me into submission right then and there. Nice! This thing tasted like a million bucks, perhaps a bit more tart even than the 1809 I had just had a few days prior.. good times coming.

In other news, I had one of my Comando boys, Savvas, come other the other day for a beer and Scotch tasting. Here we are out on the deck, digging the hard core stuff:


It was cool, as we had a mild Scotch, a mid-ranger, and a really in your face version. Good experiment. We should do this sort of thing with the other boys once or twice.. it was definitely fun. Savvas, I haven't forgotten about your Belgian beer in the fridge.. I wanna have time for that to do it up right. Stand by..

That's all for now.. carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment