Thursday, August 5, 2010

Take my CUCUMBERS, please!

But for the love of Dog, leave my lettuce alone! Again. Yep, again. I put up that chicken wire fencing thing over top of the youg seedlings to protect 'em, but yet again, two nights later, the rest of my plants are gone. There's, literally, two lettuce plants, and a few turnips remaining. Whatever this thing is, it doesn't like turnips. But jeez, it eats everything else right up. Check this out:


And this one is a lettuce in the next row over, that's got a leaf cleanly cut in half..


And this other lettuce, where all the leaves were cleanly hacked right down next to the stem. Can't win!


With all that said, I now suspect slugs or snails. There were no prints in the dirt or straw of any type, and I know a rabbit or whatever would have left those. A deer just couldn't have done this with the fence installed. So, tonight, I will go out there at night and kick some tail with a flashlight in one hand and the Jar Of Death in the other. All insects, slugs, snails and critters will die. Dig that.

Carry on..

No comments:

Post a Comment