Sunday, February 27, 2011

Put some stuff in the props for *real*, yo..

Got some peppers in the propagators now for real.. no fooling around this time! My original test subject Jalapenos are geting way too big to fit under the lights now, along with the rest of the tiny baby plants. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those buggers.. except my sole habanero.. that's still growing, but very slowly. Here's a pic of the setup now:


Today, I put in some extra Hot Cherry peppers, because I have so many of them and the ones on te paper towel experiment haven't done anything yet.. I also put in the *real* Jalapenos that I'll be putting out this year, the flat of Habaneros haven't popped yet, but I remember the other ones I tested on took almost 20 days to sprout, and so far isn't only been like 13 days for these ones.. and, most exciting, I put in the Fatalii seeds (well, six..) that I got with Jody at the Garden show in Hartford the other day.

I think I failed to mention that.. me and Commando Jody hit up the Hartford Gaden and Flower show the other day at the big civic center place.. it was mostly garbage and flea market crap, but there were some cool things. I forgot to bring my camera, but had I remembered, I would have taken some pics of this totally awesome self temperature regulating greenhouse thing that was on sale there. $4,200 if I remember right.. so, not cheap, but damn, it was cool. Otherwise, the only thing we walked out with was a single pack of 25 Fatalii pepper seeds that we split up between us. Fatalii's are supposed to be slightly less hot than Habaneros, but not by much. They're supposed to also have a fairly nice fruity, citrus flavor to them too, just before they knock your teeth out with heat.

Otherwise, I got nothing else. So get out of here..

No comments:

Post a Comment