Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quick update.. big change!

Made a big change to the operation today. My Jalapeno's are coming up all leggy, stretching for the lamps.. knew I had to get 'em higher up to the lamps quick, but with the other big plants under there, something had to go. So, with that in mind.. I went out and found the ol' chicken heat lamp setup in the garage and figured I'd give that a whirl. I hooked up this lamp to the same timer as the T5's so they'll all go on and off at the same time, and now I've got this:


The whole propagator got moved up to the lamps again like its supposed to be, and the big jalapeno's and basil got moved off to the left side there, under the chicken lamp, which now has a 23w florescent light bulb in it. Like this:


Once I had the propagator up there, I left it alone for a while to see how things would go.. I just went to check on it a sec ago after a couple hours in its new location and saw the leaves of the peppers starting to curl back, so I figured I'm too close.. so I just dropped 'em back down a couple inches and we'll see how that goes now.

In other news, here's the back yard as it stands.. still thawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment