Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Dangerous Belgian" beer, by Bryan.. review.

Here's Bryan's latest thing to review of the three he sent my way. In addition to the usual process, I'm joined by fellow beer taster, Commando Jody, who is splitting this thing with me.


On the nose, I'm getting a hint of a peach-y sort of thing, but can't put my finger on it. Jody thinks apricot, but this aroma is too strong for that he says.. evasive smell, it is. It definitely has that Belgian flavor to it. It's well done in the flavor department, no mistaking it's a Belgian inspired beer. We're both picking up some really interesting fusel alcohols, but they're not mean ones, and they're very faint.. they're just letting you know this is a big beer sort of thing, but not being obnoxious about it. Jody says it's got a sweetness about it that keeps on going, even though the beer is dry in finish, the sweetness keeps coming along well into the finish. Super clean otherwise, with no off flavors, and it's all appropriate for style. Again, another winner. I'm not sure of this is my favorite of the three he sent in that cardboard box across the way.. they were all really good, but yeah, this might be the best of the bunch so far. It's not a standout in any particular way, just well done on every side. I think the only thing I might do to change that beer is dry it out a bit, but that can't be done with an extract brew.. when Bryan get's his all grain system together, I'm thinking he'll be a force to be reckoned with..

No comments:

Post a Comment