Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kicked a keg..

Sorry to announce the passing of a keg yesterday.. the often turned to, but sometimes off limits "Brett Brown", kicked the bucket. Originally brewed with Frank A. way back last summer, she was a good beer, and my first foray into wild yeast brews.. it was a tasty one!

Taking the Brown's place is a new wild beer, a Pale Ale, brewed with Pete W. at the end of January, where the second generation of Oro de Calabaza from Jolly Pumpkin was used to ferment in a wild 10 day fermentation. We'll see how sour she is by the end of the day, I'm sure.

Also, kegged the 2.5 gallon mini-batch yesterday, that I made on the stove top from all grain. Tastes distinctly of green apple. Again. Just like the last time I used Coopers dry ale yeast. I have a feeling that's not a coincidence! Might have to stop using that stuff..

*In addition*, , I know.. I know.. long list of things done just yesterday, but also threw 1/2 an ounce of Cascades into the brew I made with Jody R. the other week.. Hope to leave that in there a couple days or three and rack into a keg at the end of this weekend of mine. Smells great! Can't remember the last time I dry hopped anything. Sorta really lookin' forward to this one..

Got two kegs and a carboy to clean now.. I'm off to work!

1 comment:

  1. You only dry hopped with 1/2 ounce? I dry hopped yesterday with two ounces of Centennial and about 1/4 ounce of crystal which i had left over from the Weizen I brewed yesterday. Looking forward to a side by side comparison, what with the different yeast and such

    ReplyDelete