Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where's my chicks!

So, Wednesday has come and gone, and still no call from the feed place for my birds. Sad, but whatever. They said the middle of May for arrival, and it's not quite the middle yet, so I guess I have to cut 'em some slack.

There's a great article on homebrewing in the May 13th, 2009 edition of the Republican American. And that's your link to it.. Wait a sec.. who's that guy in the picture? He looks frighteningly familiar, and damn fine! And I'm not talking about just the author, why, it's ME! I'm in the newspaper. Huh! In an interesting turn of events, the Rep-Am distributes a free edition f this newspaper up here to non-subscribers once or twice a year.. and what day did they pick to hurl that edition out onto my driveway? The day I'm in it! I'm sure Will Siss had to pull some strings to get *that* in effect. In other free newspaper events, the very front cover of this paper has an article about raising baby chickens. SHOCKING! I am, seemingly, at the forefront of every notable thing that ever goes on in the world.

In more coop news, here's the roll of vinyl flooring a friend fror work brought me. Unrolling and tracing out a pattern here:















And here's the installed floor. I'm not sure I'm going to do any more than just lay it down and leave it there. It seems to stay in place just fine, really. I might wanna take it out and replace it some day, right? Why staple it in if I don't need to, I figure.















I'm also ghetto insulating this thing, a bit, with some mega scraps I have leftover from a previous job I did... not enough to do the whole thing, but enough to make it more comfortable that it would be otherwise. That's not finished yet, so pics to follow...













No comments:

Post a Comment