Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh yeah, this beer... Allagash Dubbel Reserve.



Totally forgot to post about this one back when it was current, and now I forget most of the details. But, yeah.. me and Will drank this one after we got back from Willimantic Brewery. Allagash Dubbel Reserve. I think I served it too cold, so it was a bit off from the start, but even after it warmed up a bit, was still not like the really rich, whipped cream like Dubels' I've had in the past that I've enjoyed immensely. It was OK, don't get me wrong.. but I'm not buying another.

Also, did a little experiment with the espresso machine and steamed up some milk and atttempted to pour a latte style pattern on this hot chocolate for one of my sick babies... it didn't turn out pretty, but it sure tasted a heckuva lot better than a standaard hot chocolate! It was REALLY tasty.




In chicken news, today marks the first time both of my layers have fired off back to back eggs. Two yesterday, and two more today. Good job, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment