Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thomas Hooker Munich, anda big black bear..

I wasn't home when this happened, but the wife says she saw a big black bear out near the chicken coop yesterday. Brave woman that she is, knowing her priorities, she immediately tried to startle the bear with banging pots and pans. When that failed, she Rambo'd up, and got the keen idea to simply attack the creature with THE FAMILY TRUCKSTER before it could do any damage to the chickens or the chicken coop. What a girl! Apparently, that worked quite well, cause the bear ran off quick on seeing my angry wife behind the wheel, bearing down on it at full speed. Or something.  Good job, Sa!


In other news, this is the latest beer I've gotten my hands on thanks to Timmay, from his cohorts in the Thomas Hooker brewery, in Bloomfield, CT. The Munich Lager. they call it a German Helles style.. but I'm not so sure. Timmay did the packaging on this, or at least a bit of a restyle of the stuff. Pretty dapper! It pours a nice gold color, but doesn't keep much of a head for some reason. I get a couple of aromas on the nose.. one is a fruity, bubblegum like note and the other is the tell-tale Munich grain flavor. Quite fun! Very easy drinking... sort of like a mini-me version of their Nor'Easter.. sort of. It has that same sort of flavor. Almost as if it's spiced, but not by very much. A bit of a Vanilla taste comes through as well. It's a curious flavor.. and I like it. There's a definite bitterness here, well dampening the malt.. and if they came through a bit louder, you might be able to pick out which hops they were, but I can't seem to reach that deep right now. I do have a bit of a lingering head-cold at the moment, so maybe it's just that..

Anyway, good beer.. sad to see I've just opened my last one. Tasty! Ah well, 'tis all for now. Carry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment