Sunday, March 7, 2010

Got bubbles?

No pics for this one.. but just wanted to drop a note to indicate the new Brett. Stout is carbed up and ready for consumption. I just had a small taste (more on why in a moment..) and found it good to go. I assume the Kombucha project is the same, since it was kegged the day before.

Anyway I only had a small taste of the new stout, cause I'm a little under the weather still.. been battling a head cold/ear infection for the best part of a week now, and it's put my beer stuff on the back burner. Drats! I'm not sure what's worse, a serious illness or lack of beer! ;) In an case, the Stout tastes quite good, and is definitely reminiscent of the old one that was *so* good.. except, since this one was done up with brettanomyces yeast, it's got a slightly different taste to it. And, not in a negative way do I mean this, but it has a bit of an 'iron' flavor to it. I'm not sure how to put it other than that. It's a good chocolate stout, with a serious chocolate flavor and good depth and complexity.. but a hint of iron bite to it in the end as well. Not bad, just unique to the yeast, I guess. Interesting. Stop by for a taste and let me know what you think?

Chickens are all happy to be let out the past few days, since it's warmed up so much and is nice and all outside. The feed bill has definitely gone down since I started letting them out. They hardly touch the food bucket when they're outside.. right now, you can hardly see them down the hill the're so far from the house. I worry.. a bit.. but I know they have a bit of shelter from the flying predators in the bush they're in like that.

Gallery opening yesterday afternoon. The Boss put on a good show and things seemed to go well. They definitely had the most interesting stuff to look at.. there was only one other artist in the house that had anything decent otherwise to look at. But then, *that* guy didn't have Hudson Valley Applejack at his booth, either. ;) Strange stuff, that. 80 proof, just like any other whiskey or brandy.. but smelled only of fruit and flowery stuff. Keep in mind, my send of smell in my current condition is terrible, though.. but it packed a kick like anything else labeled 80 proof. Like I said, interesting stuff... thanks Kevin!

That's it for now.. I'm hit. Gotta take a nap.. blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment