Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Garden update from planter box.. & pizza tips!

A few pics from the planter box thingy I planted with a few lettuce and radishes.. wherever there's a piece of straw poking up, there's a lettuce or basil plant. The two basil's are on the ends and the red and green lettuce are towards the middle a bit more. There's radish everywhere there was a space inch of room. I guess I can pull that straw out of there, since all of the plants are now visible..


Rather small tomato from a planter tomato plant.. the big one on the right, if you're a regular follower.


The turnips and lettuce are a little sad here cause I took this pic in the middle of the afternoon, so they're a little wilted there, but they're almost getting to be about the right size now.. I am *so* looking forward to a salad again.


Some chile peppers off the plants that I made into..


Pickled pepper rings! Love 'em. The best thing in the world? Jalapeno pepper pizza. Better than pepperoni, I think now. Just really LOVED this the other day. Also, I picked up a wooden pizza peel at Sur La Table to go along with my metal one. Why two, you say? Cause I found out the hard way that a metal peel is for removing pizza only, and the wooden one is for putting the pie in only. The wooden one helps the pie slide right off with just a touch of flour on the peel, but it's way too thick to use to get the pizza out of the oven.. but the metal one slips right under and get's that pizza out of there. The uncooked pizza will stick to the metal peel like glue, however, so you need the two peel combo to make the magic happen. Trust me. I cried sometimes.

Pre-vinegar photo op..

No comments:

Post a Comment