Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hoop house got covered..

Because it's so nasty chilly, wet and windy out.. I figured I'd just cover the hoop house and see how it went. After seeing how thin this plastic stuff is that I had here, I'm glad I did, because I'm gona have to find something different to use, as this is gona get all torn up in rapid fashion I  think. It's really flimsy stuff. IT started to tear up right away from the staples, so I used some red duct tape as a sort of batten tape, until I can come up with something better. I also used that red tape to bunch up and secure the extra plastic on the ends, so it looks sorta ghetto right now.. but The Boss said it hailed here last night and the thing *appears* to be ok, although I'm just looking at it from the deck so far today. This rain is just gross, and I don't wanna go out in it to see any more..






We'll see how this does for a bit. When it breaks, I'll cover it with something else..

No comments:

Post a Comment