Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Garden update.. and invaders!

I totally forgot about this one till just now, and I'll tell you why. Here's some pics of the garden as it stands now. i planted a bunch of cold weather stuff, and it's sitting under the hoop house covering now. Then, I went to check on the horseradish on my way back to the house and it's *covered* with caterpillars. Different ones than those who were attacking my radishes earlier this year.. bigger, greener. Check 'em out:


No, that ain't tequila. I think they're Cabbage worms. Look what these bastards did to my plant!



Hand picking is the answer to these as well, so I just pulled another 25 of the damn things off and drowned them in the Jar of Death. It felt good.

Check these Tomatoes out.. you think I could get some red in these things before they freeze solid?


And this.. It's October isn't it? Why are these chille's still producing?


Turnips are behind, but we're getting close to harvesting these guys..


The other stuff is doing well.. little green things popping up all over the place. I'm not convinced the lettuce will make it all the way through, but I've heard great stuff about Arugula and Spinach for cold weather growing, to say nothing of the Chard. The Arugula is already all out of the ground, sprouted like a champ. The Spinach is not up yet though, and neither is the chard. But those have time.. they're not quite up to the 7-14 days germination time yet. Check this radish square. Two days and they're out of the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment