Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another chicken laying!

Yessss!!!

Heard a lot of commotion out inthe henhouse a few minutes ago.. when I went to check, I found the Barred Rock just climbing out of the nest box. Inside, I found a TINY little very warm egg, having just been fired off by said Barred Rock, and a much cooler one, that was apparently shot out a few hours ago (see previous post..) by the R.I. Red. Great! The R.I. Red egg is the biggest yet at 47.6 gram and the little Barred Rock egg checks in at just over 34 grams. That makes the Rock egg a PeeWee class, but the Red egg just squeaks into the Small category! We're getting there! Both chickens should eventually lay Medium and Large size eggs, when they're fully grown.

Here's how I found them, just after the Rock climbed out of the box..



Here's the two side by side:



And here's a size comparson with my thumb. Tiny!


 

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment